Monday, October 3, 2011

Trusting in the Lord

The other day I was talking to my boys and I was encouraging them to trust in the Lord. My oldest Noel  asked me, "Daddy what does trust mean?"

I was thinking, hmmm. How can I make this relate to a 4 year old? I thought about his chair.

I said, "Noel, Think about your chair for a second. What do you do with a chair?" "You sit in it," was his reply.

I said, "Correct. You sit in the chair because you believe it will hold you and not let you fall. If the chair was weak, you would fall, but since the chair is strong- you will not fall, and once you're in the chair you can sit back and rest in the chair.  When we trust in Jesus, we can use Him for support and rest in Him. He is strong and He will not let us fall."

I asked him, "Does that makes sense?" He said... "Hmmm, Nope." I just smiled.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Everything and everyone is trustworthy in the eyes of a child. How amazing would it be for adults to look at people with God's Eyes and Heart with the childlike innocence we lost? How awesome to go back to the very first instance that our trust was broken and erase it? We should strive to have God's perspective for others because surely we want the same from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right! We can learn a lot from children.

    ReplyDelete